Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to explore San Antonio, Texas.
With its vibrant culture and rich history, there’s something for everyone in this amazing city.
From outdoor activities to delicious food and drinks, it’s the ideal place to spend your long weekend.
If you're looking for things to do in San Antonio Memorial Day Weekend, I have you covered!
Here are 151 of the best ideas that will help make your trip memorable.
Whether you want an adventure-filled day or a relaxing getaway with family and friends, there's plenty here for everyone to enjoy.
So let's get started!
1. Visit the Alamo
One of the most iconic landmarks in San Antonio, the Alamo is a must-see for history buffs and tourists alike.
2. San Antonio River Walk
Take a stroll along the beautiful Riverwalk and enjoy the numerous restaurants and shops along the way.
3. Visit the Tower of the Americas
The Tower of the Americas offers incredible views of San Antonio from its observation deck, as well as a restaurant and gift shop.
4. SeaWorld San Antonio
Enjoy a day at SeaWorld with thrilling rides, animal encounters, and shows featuring dolphins, sea lions, and killer whales.
5. Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Experience the thrill of the roller coasters and other rides at this popular amusement park.
6. San Antonio Zoo
Get up close and personal with animals from around the world at the San Antonio Zoo.
7. Natural Bridge Caverns
Explore the fascinating underground world of Natural Bridge Caverns on a guided tour.
8. McNay Art Museum
Enjoy a day of art at the McNay Art Museum, which features modern and contemporary works of art.
9. Japanese Tea Garden
Relax and unwind in the serene setting of the Japanese Tea Garden, complete with koi ponds and waterfalls.
10. Brackenridge Park
Take a picnic or go for a bike ride in this beautiful park featuring walking trails, a golf course, and playgrounds.
11. San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
Learn about the history of the area at this park featuring four historic Spanish missions.
12. The Majestic Theatre
Catch a show at this beautifully restored theatre featuring Broadway shows, concerts, and more.
13. Witte Museum
Immerse yourself in the history and culture of San Antonio at the Witte Museum.
14. Spanish Governor's Palace
Step back in time and explore this 18th-century palace that was once the residence of the Spanish governor.
15. The Buckhorn Saloon and Museum
Discover the history of the American West at this museum featuring wildlife exhibits and a saloon.
16. San Antonio Botanical Garden
Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the San Antonio Botanical Garden, featuring a variety of plant collections and gardens.
17. McNay Sculpture Garden
Take a stroll through the outdoor sculpture garden at the McNay Art Museum and admire the works of art.
18. The DoSeum
Perfect for families with young children, this interactive museum features hands-on exhibits and activities.
19. San Antonio Museum of Art
Explore the world of art at the San Antonio Museum of Art, featuring a collection of over 30,000 works of art.
20. Government Canyon State Natural Area
Go hiking or mountain biking in this scenic state park featuring over 40 miles of trails.
21. San Antonio Symphony
Catch a live performance by the San Antonio Symphony at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.
22. La Villita Historic Arts Village
Visit this historic arts village and shop for handmade crafts and artwork created by local artists.
23. King William Historic District
Take a walking tour of this historic neighborhood featuring beautiful Victorian and early 20th-century homes.
24. Hemisfair Park
Enjoy a day of fun and games at Hemisfair Park, featuring playgrounds, fountains, and a splash pad.
25. San Pedro Springs Park
Take a dip in the natural spring-fed pool at this beautiful park located in the heart of San Antonio.
26. St. Anthony Hotel
Stay at this historic hotel that has been welcoming guests since 1909 and has hosted famous guests like Judy Garland and Roy Rogers.
27. Market Square
Shop for souvenirs and enjoy authentic Mexican food at this bustling marketplace in the heart of San Antonio.
28. The Pearl Brewery District
Explore the trendy Pearl Brewery District, featuring restaurants, shops, and a farmers market.
29. San Antonio Ghost Tours
Take a spooky tour of San Antonio and hear tales of ghosts and haunted locations.
30. The Buckhorn Museum and Saloon
Explore this museum featuring wildlife exhibits, a saloon, and artifacts from the American West.
31. San Antonio Food Tours
Experience the culinary scene of San Antonio through guided food tours that offer a taste of the city's local cuisine.
32. San Antonio Spurs Game
Catch a thrilling basketball game featuring the San Antonio Spurs, a legendary NBA team.
33. San Antonio Art League Museum
Explore the works of local artists at this museum featuring rotating exhibits and a permanent collection.
34. H-E-B Body Adventure
Learn about health and fitness through interactive exhibits and activities at this unique museum located inside the Witte Museum.
35. San Antonio Symphony Movie Concerts
Enjoy a unique concert experience featuring live orchestras performing movie soundtracks in sync with the film.
36. Blue Star Contemporary Art Center
Discover new and exciting contemporary art at this gallery featuring rotating exhibits and artist residencies.
37. Briscoe Western Art Museum
Immerse yourself in the culture and history of the American West through art and artifacts at this museum.
38. San Antonio Ghost Walk
Join a walking tour through the historic streets of San Antonio and hear spooky tales of the city's haunted past.
39. The Magik Theatre
Watch family-friendly plays and musicals at this theater that specializes in productions for children.
40. The Saga
Enjoy a stunning light show projected onto the façade of the San Fernando Cathedral, depicting the history of San Antonio.
41. San Antonio Botanical Garden - Family Adventure Garden
Take the kids on an outdoor adventure at this garden featuring a variety of interactive exhibits and activities.
42. San Antonio Parks and Recreation
Enjoy a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and fishing at one of San Antonio's many parks.
43. San Antonio Segway Tours
Explore the highlights of San Antonio through guided tours on Segways, providing a fun way to see the city.
44. The Esquire Tavern
Savor delicious cocktails and pub fare at this historic bar that has been around since the Prohibition era.
45. San Antonio Spurs Museum
Discover the history and achievements of the San Antonio Spurs through memorabilia and interactive exhibits.
46. The Buckhorn Saloon Shooting Gallery
Test your aim at the shooting gallery located inside the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum.
47. San Antonio Ghost Hunting Tour
Join a ghost hunting experience, equipped with paranormal investigation equipment, and explore some of San Antonio's most haunted sites.
48. San Antonio Scramble Game
Explore San Antonio through this interactive scavenger hunt game that takes you to different landmarks and attractions.
49. San Antonio Aquarium
Get up close and personal with marine life from around the world at this aquarium featuring interactive exhibits and touch tanks.
50. San Antonio Symphony Pops Concerts
Enjoy a lively and entertaining concert featuring popular music genres such as jazz, rock, and Broadway tunes.
51. Blue Hole Regional Park
Take a day trip to this scenic park located outside of San Antonio, featuring swimming holes, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
52. San Antonio Bike Tours
Explore the city on two wheels through guided bike tours that take you to the must-see sights and hidden gems of San Antonio.
53. San Antonio Quinceañera Photo Shoots
Capture the special occasion of a quinceañera through professional photo shoots at some of San Antonio's most picturesque locations.
54. San Antonio River Walk Boat Tour
Relax and enjoy a boat tour along the San Antonio River, offering a unique perspective of the city's architecture and history.
55. San Antonio Texas Cavaliers River Parade
Experience a unique parade on the San Antonio River, featuring colorful floats and lively entertainment.
56. San Antonio Tricentennial Art Exhibit
Celebrate the 300th anniversary of San Antonio through a special art exhibit featuring local artists and their interpretations of the city.
57. San Antonio Segway Ghost Tour
Combine two exciting experiences in one with a ghost tour of San Antonio on a Segway.
58. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
Catch a movie and dine on delicious food and drinks at this popular cinema chain that offers a unique movie-watching experience.
59. San Antonio Fiesta Parade
Join the city's biggest celebration, the Fiesta, featuring colorful parades, live music, and cultural events.
60. San Antonio Museum Month
Take advantage of special discounts and events at various museums throughout the month of May during San Antonio's Museum Month.
61. McNay Second Thursdays
Enjoy free admission to the McNay Art Museum on the second Thursday of each month, featuring live music and art activities.
62. San Antonio Cocktail Conference
Sip on cocktails crafted by some of the city's top mixologists during this annual conference celebrating the art of cocktail-making.
63. San Antonio Zoo - Zoo La-La
Sample food and drinks from local restaurants while exploring the San Antonio Zoo after hours during the annual Zoo La-La event.
64. San Antonio Summer Art & Jazz Festival
Enjoy live jazz music and peruse works of art at this annual festival held in historic Travis Park.
65. The DoSeum - Sensory Friendly Family Night
Families with children who have special needs can enjoy a quieter and more relaxed experience at The DoSeum during designated sensory-friendly nights.
66. San Antonio Book Festival
Meet and hear from renowned authors and participate in literary events and book signings at the annual San Antonio Book Festival.
67. Mission Marquee Plaza
Catch free outdoor movie screenings and concerts at this historic plaza located next to the Mission Drive-In Theatre.
68. San Antonio Stars Game
Watch the city's WNBA team in action during basketball season at the AT&T Center.
69. San Antonio River Foundation Mission Reach Flotilla Festival
Paddle down the San Antonio River during this annual festival that celebrates the restoration of the Mission Reach section of the River Walk.
70. Helotes Cornyval Festival
Join the community of Helotes for this annual festival featuring carnival rides, live music, and a parade.
71. San Antonio Symphony Young People's Concerts
Introduce your kids to the world of classical music through these kid-friendly concerts performed by the San Antonio Symphony.
72. San Antonio Beer Week
Savor craft beers from local breweries during this week-long celebration of beer culture and the brewing industry in San Antonio.
73. San Antonio Coffee Festival
Sample coffee from local roasters and enjoy live music and food trucks at this annual festival dedicated to all things coffee.
74. San Antonio Stars & Stripes Over San Antonio Fourth of July Celebration
Catch the city's largest Independence Day fireworks display at this annual event held at Woodlawn Lake Park.
75. San Antonio Salsa Festival
Satisfy your craving for spicy food and dance the night away at this annual salsa festival featuring live music and dance performances.
76. The Witte Museum - H-E-B Free Tuesdays
Take advantage of free admission to the Witte Museum on Tuesdays, thanks to their partnership with H-E-B.
77. San Antonio Farmers Market Association
Shop for locally-grown produce, handmade goods, and other artisanal products at one of San Antonio's many farmer's markets.
78. San Antonio Cocktail Conference Opening Night at The DoSeum
Kick off the San Antonio Cocktail Conference in style with a party at The DoSeum complete with craft cocktails and interactive exhibits.
79. San Antonio Symphony Classical Concerts
Experience the artistry of classical music through these concerts performed by the San Antonio Symphony.
80. San Antonio Shakespeare in the Park
Watch performances of classic Shakespeare plays under the stars at this annual outdoor event held at the Botanical Garden.
81. San Antonio Reggae Festival
Get your groove on to the sounds of reggae music at this annual festival featuring live music, Caribbean-inspired food, and drinks.
82. San Antonio River Walk Mud Festival
Get down and dirty during this unique festival that celebrates the muddy waters of the San Antonio River.
83. San Antonio Beer Run
Combine exercise and beer-drinking at this annual 5K race that takes you through some of the city's best breweries.
84. San Antonio BBQ Cook-Off & Music Festival
Satisfy your taste buds with mouth-watering BBQ and enjoy live music at this annual festival held at the historic Pearl Brewery.
85. San Antonio Artisan Fest
Discover unique handmade goods from local artisans and enjoy live music at this annual festival held in the King William Historic District.
86. San Antonio Symphony Beethoven Festival
Celebrate the music of Beethoven through a series of concerts performed by the San Antonio Symphony.
87. San Antonio Cocktail Conference Stroll on Houston Street
Take a stroll down Houston Street and sample cocktails from some of San Antonio's best bars and restaurants during this event at the Cocktail Conference.
88. First Fridays Art Walk
Explore the art galleries and studios of Southtown during this monthly event featuring live music, food trucks, and open art studios.
89. San Antonio Film Festival
Watch independent films and attend Q&A sessions with filmmakers during this annual festival dedicated to the art of cinema.
90. San Antonio River Walk Mud Festival Parade
Join the fun and watch the parade of participants covered in mud during this unique festival held on the River Walk.
91. San Antonio Museum of Art - Art Party
Dress up and enjoy an evening of art, music, and dancing at this annual fundraiser for the San Antonio Museum of Art.
92. San Antonio Symphony Movie in Concert
Experience a live performance of the score to popular movies like Harry Potter or Star Wars, played by the San Antonio Symphony.
93. San Antonio Pancakes & Booze Art Show
Sample pancakes and view works of art from local artists at this unique art show held at the Aztec Theatre.
94. San Antonio Cocktail Conference Women Shaking It Up
Celebrate women in the cocktail industry during this event at the Cocktail Conference featuring female mixologists and bartenders.
95. San Antonio Frida Fest
Pay homage to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo through art exhibits, food, and music at this annual festival held in La Villita.
96. San Antonio Reggae & World Music Festival
Enjoy live reggae music and world beats at this annual festival held at the Rosedale Park Amphitheatre.
97. San Antonio Margarita Meltdown
Sample margaritas from some of the city's top bars and restaurants at this annual competition held at the La Villita Historic Arts Village.
98. San Antonio River Walk Mud Festival Beach Party
End the muddy festivities with a beach party on the River Walk complete with music and food trucks.
99. San Antonio Beer Festival
Sip on craft beers from over 100 breweries while enjoying live music and food at this annual festival held in Maverick Park.
100. San Antonio Book Festival Lit Crawl
Explore the literary scene of San Antonio during this pub crawl-style event featuring readings and book signings by local authors.
101. San Antonio Symphony Halloween Spooktacular
Dress up in costume and enjoy spooky music and activities at this Halloween-themed concert by the San Antonio Symphony.
102. San Antonio Coffee and Cordials Tasting
Sample coffee and cordials from local purveyors at this unique tasting event held at the San Antonio Botanical Garden.
103. San Antonio Christmas Light Fest
Drive through a mile-long display of holiday lights and decorations at this annual event held at Don Strange Ranch.
104. San Antonio Symphony Holiday Pops Concerts
Get in the holiday spirit with these festive concerts performed by the San Antonio Symphony.
105. San Antonio Nutcracker Market
Get your holiday shopping done early at this market featuring handmade gifts, decor, and gourmet treats.
106. San Antonio New Year's Eve Celebration
Ring in the new year with live music, fireworks, and festivities held on the River Walk.
107. San Antonio Museum of Art - Art Ball
Dress to impress and party with a purpose at this annual fundraiser for the San Antonio Museum of Art.
108. San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo
Experience the excitement of rodeo events, live music, and carnival rides at this annual event held at the AT&T Center.
109. San Antonio Cocktail Conference Tasting Suites
Sample cocktails from some of the best bars and restaurants in San Antonio during this event at the Cocktail Conference.
110. San Antonio Jazz Festival
Enjoy smooth jazz tunes and local cuisine at this annual festival held at the Carver Community Cultural Center.
111. San Antonio Fashion Week
Discover local fashion designers and attend fashionable events during this week-long celebration of style.
112. San Antonio Symphony Mozart Festival
Celebrate the music of Mozart through a series of concerts performed by the San Antonio Symphony.
113. San Antonio Auto & Truck Show
Check out the latest cars and trucks from various manufacturers and attend interactive displays and demonstrations.
114. San Antonio Christmas Caroling
Join in on the holiday cheer and sing Christmas carols with other members of the community at various locations throughout the city.
115. San Antonio Yoga Festival
Participate in yoga classes, workshops, and meditation sessions at this annual festival celebrating wellness and mindfulness.
116. Visit the McNay Art Museum which displays a wide variety of art ranging from medieval to contemporary.
117. Take a stroll through the River Walk, a scenic network of walkways along the San Antonio River that is lined with shops, restaurants, and bars.
118. Explore the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, where you can visit the Alamo and four other colonial missions.
119. Take a bike ride around the Mission Trail, a 15-mile route that connects the five missions.
120. Visit the Japanese Tea Garden, a tranquil oasis featuring lush gardens, koi ponds, and a pagoda-style pavilion.
121. Spend the day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, a popular amusement park with thrilling rides and family-friendly attractions.
122. Take a tour of the historic King William District, an area filled with beautiful mansions, museums, and galleries.
123. Go on a ghost tour of the city, where you can learn about San Antonio's haunted history and legends.
124. Attend a concert or performance at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, a state-of-the-art facility that hosts a wide range of shows.
125. Watch a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, a theater that combines classic cinema with delicious food and drinks.
126. Go shopping at the San Antonio Rivercenter Mall, a three-level mall with over 100 stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
127. Visit the San Antonio Museum of Art, which houses a vast collection of art from around the world.
128. Take a day trip to nearby New Braunfels, where you can go tubing down the Comal River or visit the Schlitterbahn Waterpark.
129. Check out the Tower of the Americas, a 750-foot tower with stunning views of the city and a revolving restaurant.
130. Visit the San Antonio Botanical Garden, which features over 30 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and exhibits.
131. Attend a sporting event at the AT&T Center, where you can watch the San Antonio Spurs basketball team in action.
132. Take a ride on the Rio San Antonio Cruises, which offer guided tours of the River Walk and downtown area.
133. Explore the historic Market Square, a colorful outdoor market filled with food, music, and artisan crafts.
134. Visit the Briscoe Western Art Museum, which showcases the art, history, and culture of the American West.
135. Take a cooking class at the Culinary Institute of America, where you can learn how to prepare delicious meals from expert chefs.
136. Go on a bike tour of the city, where you can see popular attractions and hidden gems while getting some exercise.
137. Take a scenic drive through the Texas Hill Country, where you can see rolling hills, wildflowers, and charming small towns.
138. Visit the McNay Art Museum's Sculpture Garden, which features a variety of outdoor sculptures by renowned artists.
139. Learn about the history of aviation at the San Antonio Aviation Museum, which showcases vintage aircraft and artifacts.
140. Take a hike or bike ride along the Salado Creek Greenway, a trail that winds through natural areas and parks.
141. Visit the San Antonio Zoo, which houses over 750 species of animals and features a variety of exhibits and attractions.
142. Check out the San Antonio Aquarium, where you can see marine life from around the world and even touch some of the animals.
143. Go on a food tour of the city, where you can sample local cuisine and learn about San Antonio's culinary traditions.
144. Take a tour of the San Antonio Fire Museum, which showcases the history of firefighting in the city.
145. Attend the annual Texas Folklife Festival, a multicultural event that celebrates the state's diverse cultures and traditions.
146. Explore the Spanish Governor's Palace, a historic landmark that dates back to the late 1700s and features beautiful architecture and design.
147. Take a scenic helicopter tour of the city, where you can see San Antonio from a whole new perspective.
148. Visit the Witte Museum, which showcases the history, science, and culture of Texas through a variety of interactive exhibits and displays.
149. Go on a wine tasting tour of the Texas Hill Country, where you can sample delicious local wines and enjoy beautiful views.
150. Attend a live music performance at the Gruene Hall, a legendary dance hall that has hosted famous musicians for over 100 years.
151. Visit the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, a drive-through safari where you can see over 500 animals roaming in their natural habitats.
Cactus Lands site is a valuable resource, but when it comes to matters of pet's health, always consult with a trained veterinary medical professional.
Never rely solely on digital information.
Taking into account your individual situation will help you make the best decisions for the well-being of your companion pet.
Cactus Lands site serves as an informative resource, but should never be used to diagnose or treat a medical condition of either you or your pet.
When it comes to the health of your pet, always consult with a qualified veterinary medical professional for the best advice and care tailored specifically for you and your pet!
Cactus Lands site and the materials and information it contains are not intended to, and do not constitute, medical, veterinarian, or other health advice or diagnosis and should not be used as such.
You should always consult with a qualified physician or veterinary health professional about your specific circumstances.