153 BEST Things To Do In San Jose Memorial Day Weekend
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to me at no cost to you if you decide to purchase. This site is not intended to provide financial advice and is for entertainment only.
San Jose is the perfect destination for a Memorial Day weekend getaway!
With its vibrant culture, exciting attractions, and diverse array of activities, you’ll never be at a loss for things to do in San Jose.
From outdoor adventures to unique culinary experiences, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you want to explore some of the city’s best museums or take part in thrilling activities like zip-lining through a redwood forest, I have compiled a list of 153 amazing things that will make your Memorial Day weekend unforgettable!
So pack your bags and head out on an adventure – it's time to discover all that San Jose has to offer!
1. Visit the Winchester Mystery House
Explore the bizarre and fascinating mansion built by Sarah Winchester, filled with secret staircases and doors to nowhere.
2. Attend the San Jose Giants Game
Watch the minor league baseball team play at the Municipal Stadium.
3. Go hiking
Enjoy the stunning views of the Santa Clara Valley by hiking in Alum Rock Park or the nearby Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve.
4. Check out the San Jose Flea Market
Browse through over 2000 vendors offering everything from vintage clothing to fresh produce.
5. Visit the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
See ancient artifacts and learn about the history and culture of ancient Egypt.
6. Take a trip to the Tech Interactive
Experience exhibitions focused on technology, innovation, and science education.
7. Go wine tasting
Visit nearby wineries like J Lohr Vineyards & Wines or Cooper-Garrod Estate Vineyards for a relaxing day sipping wine.
8. Attend the Morgan Hill Mushroom Mardi Gras
Celebrate all things mushroom at this annual festival featuring food, entertainment, and a parade.
9. Explore the Japanese Friendship Garden
Stroll through the tranquil landscape and koi ponds of this beautiful garden.
10. Take a ghost tour of the city
Learn about the darker side of San Jose's history on a spooky walking tour.
11. Visit the Children's Discovery Museum
Bring the kids to this hands-on museum featuring interactive exhibits and educational programs.
12. Catch a performance at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
See a Broadway musical or a ballet performance in this historic theater.
13. Attend the Silicon Valley Beer Week
Sample craft beers from local breweries during this week-long celebration of beer.
14. Check out the San Jose Art Museum
See contemporary art exhibitions and installations from around the world.
15. Take a scenic drive
Head to the hills surrounding San Jose for beautiful scenic views of the valley.
16. Visit the History Park
Learn about the history of San Jose and California by exploring this outdoor museum featuring historic buildings and exhibits.
17. Attend the Taco Festival of Innovation
Sample unique and creative tacos from some of the best chefs in the area.
18. Visit the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
See beautiful and intricate quilts and textile designs from around the world.
19. Take a cooking class
Learn how to cook a new cuisine at Sur La Table or other local cooking schools.
20. Attend the San Jose Jazz Summer Fest
Listen to jazz music from around the world during this three-day festival.
21. Explore the Almaden Quicksilver County Park
Hike or bike through the park's 34 miles of trails.
22. Visit the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
Admire the beauty of over 4000 rose bushes in bloom.
23. Take a brewery tour
Visit local breweries like Santa Clara Valley Brewing or Strike Brewing Company to learn about the beer-making process.
24. Attend the San Jose Multicultural Artists Guild Arts Festival
Celebrate art, culture, and diversity at this annual festival.
25. Visit the Peralta Adobe and Fallon House Historic Site
Learn about the history of San Jose by touring these historic buildings.
26. Take a yoga class
Find your zen by taking a class at one of the city's many yoga studios.
27. Attend the San Jose Greek Festival
Enjoy Greek food, music, and dancing at this annual festival.
28. Visit the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden
See beautiful and rare roses from around the world.
29. Take a pottery or ceramics class
Learn how to make your own pottery or ceramics at a local studio.
30. Attend the San Jose International Short Film Festival
Watch short films from around the world during this four-day festival.
31. Attend a live performance at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
Enjoy a night of music, theater or dance at this beautiful venue located in the heart of downtown San Jose.
32. Visit the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
Explore the mysteries of ancient Egypt and discover its rich culture and history with exhibits showcasing artifacts, mummies, and tombs.
33. Relax at Almaden Lake Park
This serene park offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, with a lake, picnic areas, hiking trails, and fishing spots.
34. Take a walking tour of the historic Naglee Park neighborhood
Discover the beautiful Victorian-era homes and tree-lined streets of one of San Jose's oldest neighborhoods.
35. Go shopping at Santana Row
Indulge in a day of retail therapy at this upscale outdoor shopping destination featuring high-end fashion boutiques, restaurants, and entertainment.
36. Take a coffee break at Philz Coffee
Sip on a cup of San Jose's famous mint mojito coffee at this popular local coffee shop known for its unique blends and personalized service.
37. Visit the Tech Interactive
Immerse yourself in cutting-edge technology and science exhibits, including virtual reality experiences, interactive displays, and hands-on activities.
38. Play some games at Dave & Buster's
Have some fun with friends or family at this entertainment complex featuring arcade games, billiards, and a sports bar.
39. Take a stroll through Kelley Park
Explore this beautiful park featuring Japanese gardens, a historic carousel, and a petting zoo.
40. Attend a Sharks game at SAP Center
Cheer on the San Jose Sharks NHL hockey team at their home arena, SAP Center.
41. Take a hike in the Alum Rock Park
Enjoy nature and get some exercise with hiking trails, picnic areas, and scenic views of San Jose's foothills.
42. Visit the Children's Discovery Museum
Have a blast with the kids at this interactive museum featuring hands-on exhibits, play areas, and educational programs.
43. Take a brewery tour
Discover the craft beer scene in San Jose with tours and tastings at local breweries like Clandestine Brewing, Santa Clara Valley Brewing, and Strike Brewing Co.
44. Explore the Winchester Mystery House
Get lost in the intriguing history and curious architecture of this bizarre mansion with its many doors, staircases, and secret rooms.
45. Visit the Portuguese Historical Museum
Learn about the rich heritage and traditions of San Jose's Portuguese community with exhibits showcasing art, artifacts, and historical documents.
46. Enjoy a meal at Original Joe's
Indulge in classic Italian-American cuisine at this San Jose landmark known for its steaks, pasta dishes, and old-school ambiance.
47. See a movie at the Century 20 Oakridge theater
Catch the latest blockbuster movies on the big screen at this modern theater complex featuring comfortable seating and state-of-the-art sound systems.
48. Take a yoga class at Downtown Yoga Shala
Relax, stretch, and rejuvenate with yoga classes for all levels at this popular studio located in downtown San Jose.
49. Experience the nightlife at San Pedro Square Market
Enjoy live music, street performers, and delicious food and drink options at this bustling outdoor marketplace.
50. Attend a concert at Levi's Stadium
See your favorite music artists perform at this state-of-the-art stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ers NFL football team.
51. Visit the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden
Smell the roses and enjoy the scenic beauty of this stunning garden showcasing over 4,000 rose bushes and a reflecting pool.
52. Take a cooking class at Sur La Table
Learn how to prepare delicious meals and desserts with professional chefs at this premier kitchenware store offering cooking classes.
53. Go ice skating at Solar4America Ice at San Jose
Glide across the ice at this popular ice skating rink offering public skating sessions, figure skating lessons, and hockey programs.
54. Attend a cultural event at Mexican Heritage Plaza
Celebrate Mexican culture and arts with events showcasing music, dance, and theater performances.
55. Watch a live comedy show at The Improv
Laugh out loud with top comedians and up-and-coming talent at this legendary comedy club located in downtown San Jose.
56. Play golf at Cinnabar Hills Golf Club
Tee off at this beautiful golf course featuring three distinct nines, scenic views, and challenging layouts.
57. Explore history at the Peralta Adobe and Fallon House Historic Site
Step back in time with tours of two historic homes from San Jose's early days as a Spanish pueblo.
58. Visit the San Jose Museum of Art
Admire the diverse collection of contemporary art and photography exhibited at this stunning museum located in downtown San Jose.
59. Take a pottery class at Higher Fire Clayspace & Gallery
Get creative and make your own pottery with classes for all skill levels and access to studio space and equipment.
60. Go cycling at Los Gatos Creek Trail
Enjoy a leisurely bike ride along the scenic trail featuring beautiful views of the Santa Cruz Mountains and nearby creeks.
61. Attend a show at City Lights Theater Company
Catch a performance of a classic or contemporary play by a talented local cast at this intimate theater located in downtown San Jose.
62. Visit the Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad
Take a ride on the train and carousel at this charming park offering family-friendly rides and attractions.
63. Learn about space and science at the NASA Ames Exploration Center
Discover the latest in space exploration and technology with interactive exhibits, simulators, and multimedia displays.
64. Enjoy wine tasting at J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
Savor award-winning wines with tastings and tours of this acclaimed winery located in San Jose's wine country.
65. Take a painting class at Pinot's Palette
Unleash your inner artist with step-by-step painting classes and wine at this fun and social art studio.
66. Go rock climbing at Planet Granite
Challenge yourself with indoor climbing walls for all skill levels, yoga classes, and fitness equipment and classes.
67. Discover local history at the History Park
Step back in time and explore San Jose's past with historic buildings, museums, and exhibits showcasing the city's diverse cultural heritage.
68. Take a bike ride on the Los Gatos Creek Trail
Enjoy a scenic ride along this beautiful trail that runs through parks, neighborhoods, and countryside.
69. Visit the San Jose Flea Market
Browse unique finds and bargains at one of the largest outdoor markets in the country with over 2,000 vendors selling everything from antiques to produce.
70. Explore the Japanese Friendship Garden
Experience the tranquility and beauty of a traditional Japanese garden with koi ponds, waterfalls, and tea ceremonies.
71. Go birdwatching at Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge
Observe over 280 species of birds in their natural habitat with hiking trails, wildlife viewing areas, and guided tours.
72. Attend a concert or event at the Mountain Winery
Enjoy spectacular views and live performances by top music artists, comedians, and other entertainers at this stunning outdoor venue.
73. Visit the Pacific Art League
Admire works by local and national artists, take art classes, or participate in workshops and events at this vibrant art center.
74. Take a scenic drive along the Mount Hamilton Road
Enjoy breathtaking views of the San Jose valley and explore the natural beauty of the Mount Hamilton range.
75. Go kayaking or paddleboarding at Alviso Marina County Park
Rent equipment and enjoy the calm waters of the San Francisco Bay with stunning views of the mountains and shoreline.
76. Visit the Rosicrucian Peace Garden
Find peace and serenity in this beautiful garden featuring sculptures, fountains, and meditation areas.
77. Take a brewery tour at Hermitage Brewing Company
Sample craft beers and learn about the brewing process with tours of this popular local brewery.
78. Go horseback riding at Garrod Farms Stables
Explore the countryside on horseback with trail rides, lessons, and pony rides for kids at this family-owned stable.
79. Learn about technology at the Computer History Museum
Discover the evolution of computing and technology with exhibits showcasing historic computers, software, and artifacts.
80. Attend a seasonal event at Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park
Celebrate the holidays or special occasions with themed festivals, entertainment, and attractions at this fun-filled park.
81. Visit the Vietnamese American Cultural Center
Learn about the history and culture of the Vietnamese-American community in San Jose with exhibits, programs, and events.
82. Take a steam train ride at the Roaring Camp Railroads
Travel back in time with scenic train rides through the redwoods, special events, and holiday-themed trains.
83. Play disc golf at Hellyer Park Disc Golf Course
Enjoy a challenging round of disc golf on this scenic course with multiple tee boxes and baskets.
84. Indulge in chocolate at Chocolate Dream Box
Taste artisanal chocolates, truffles, and confections made with high-quality ingredients at this sweet boutique shop.
85. Visit the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
Admire the intricate designs and craftsmanship of quilts and textiles from around the world with rotating exhibits and programs.
86. Take a hot air balloon ride
Soar above the scenic countryside and get a bird's-eye view of San Jose with a thrilling hot air balloon ride.
87. Go fishing at Lake Cunningham
Cast your line and catch bass, catfish, and bluegill in this serene lake surrounded by parkland and walking trails.
88. Attend a live music event at the Art Boutiki
Listen to local and national music acts in an intimate concert venue featuring a record store and art gallery.
89. Take a dance class at the Los Gatos Ballet
Learn ballet, modern, or jazz dance styles with classes for all ages and skill levels at this premier dance school.
90. Explore the outdoors at the Almaden Quicksilver County Park
91. Go bocce ball at Campo di Bocce
Have fun playing this classic Italian game with friends or join a league while enjoying delicious food and wine.
92. Visit the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
Experience innovative and thought-provoking works of art in this dynamic gallery showcasing local and international artists.
93. Take a garden tour at the Hakone Estate and Gardens
Stroll through picturesque Japanese gardens, teahouses, and koi ponds surrounded by natural beauty.
94. Attend a cultural festival at the Mexican Heritage Plaza
Celebrate Mexican culture with music, dance, food, and art at this vibrant community center.
95. Go on a food tour of San Jose
Sample the diverse cuisines and flavors of San Jose's many ethnic neighborhoods with guided food tours.
96. Visit the San Jose Fire Museum
Learn about the history and technology of firefighting with exhibits, artifacts, and demonstrations at this unique museum.
97. Take a self-guided street art tour
Explore the colorful murals and graffiti art scattered throughout downtown San Jose and beyond.
98. Go indoor skydiving at iFLY
Experience the thrill of skydiving without jumping from a plane with safe and fun indoor skydiving experiences.
99. Attend a cultural event at the Chinese Cultural Garden
Discover the beauty and symbolism of Chinese art and culture with a visit to this serene garden.
100. See a play at the San Jose Repertory Theatre
Enjoy a night of live theater with productions of classic and contemporary plays performed by talented actors.
101. Take a cooking class at The Culinary Institute of America
Learn how to cook like a professional chef with hands-on cooking classes and culinary workshops.
102. Visit the Bay Area Glass Institute
Admire beautiful glass art and learn about the art and science of glassblowing with classes and demonstrations.
103. Take a scenic drive to Big Basin Redwoods State Park
Enjoy stunning views of the California coastline and explore ancient redwood forests with hiking trails, waterfalls, and wildlife.
104. Attend a cultural festival at the Greek Orthodox Church of San Jose
Celebrate Greek culture with traditional food, music, dance, and crafts at this popular annual event.
105. Learn about local history at the Los Altos History Museum
Discover the rich history and culture of the Los Altos area with exhibits, programs, and events.
106. Take a pottery class at A Work of Heart Studio
Unleash your creativity with clay and learn how to make beautiful pottery with classes and workshops for all skill levels.
107. Explore the outdoors at the Uvas Canyon County Park
Hike through lush forests, waterfalls, and canyons in this beautiful park located in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
108. Visit the Rosicrucian Labyrinth
Find inner peace and reflection in this intricate maze designed for walking meditation and contemplation.
109. Attend a symphony concert at the California Theatre
Listen to classical music performed by the renowned Symphony Silicon Valley orchestra in this majestic theater.
110. Go on a whale watching tour
Take a thrilling boat ride and observe whales, dolphins, and other marine life in their natural habitat off the coast of San Francisco.
111. Visit the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden
Admire the beauty and fragrance of over 4,000 rose bushes representing over 3,000 varieties in this enchanting garden.
112. Go wine tasting at Fortino Winery
Savor award-winning wines made with grapes grown on the winery's estate while enjoying scenic views of the surrounding hills.
113. Attend an art event at the San Jose Convention Center
Experience art shows, fairs, and exhibitions featuring local and international artists in this modern event space.
114. Take a self-guided architecture tour
Discover the diverse styles and eras of San Jose's architecture with a walking or driving tour of historic buildings and neighborhoods.
115. Visit the Mexican Museum
Learn about the rich history and culture of Mexico with exhibits showcasing art, artifacts, and traditions.
116. Go on a nature walk in the Almaden Quicksilver County Park
Explore the natural beauty and wildlife of this historic park with over 37 miles of hiking trails.
117. Attend a cultural festival at the Vietnamese American Community Center
Celebrate Vietnamese culture and heritage with music, dance, food, and crafts at this annual event.
118. Take a scenic drive to Pescadero State Beach
Enjoy the beautiful coastline and wildlife, including elephant seals, while exploring this picturesque beach.
119. Visit the Japanese American Museum of San Jose
Learn about the struggles and achievements of Japanese Americans in San Jose with exhibits and programs focusing on their history and culture.
120. Go on a mural tour of San Jose
Discover the vibrant and diverse street art scene in San Jose with a guided or self-guided tour of murals and graffiti art.
121. Explore the San Jose Municipal Rose Garden, a 5.5-acre park featuring more than 4,000 rose bushes and a variety of other plants.
122. Visit the Mexican Heritage Plaza, a cultural center showcasing Mexican and Chicano/a art, theater, and music.
123. Attend a San Jose Earthquakes soccer game at Avaya Stadium, the team's home field.
124. Check out the Tech Interactive, a science and technology museum with interactive exhibits for all ages.
125. Go on a brewery tour of some of San Jose's top craft breweries, such as Strike Brewing Company or Santa Clara Valley Brewing.
126. Take a stroll through the San Jose Flea Market, one of the largest open-air markets in the country, with over 2,000 vendors selling everything from fresh produce to vintage clothing.
127. Learn about the history of Silicon Valley at the Computer History Museum, which features artifacts and exhibits tracing the development of computing technology.
128. Visit the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, which houses the largest collection of Ancient Egyptian artifacts on display in Western North America.
129. Go rock climbing at Planet Granite, an indoor rock climbing gym with routes for all skill levels.
130. Take a day trip to Alum Rock Park, a scenic park with hiking trails, picnic areas, and natural hot springs.
131. Catch a concert or show at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, a downtown venue that hosts a variety of performances throughout the year.
132. Explore the Winchester Mystery House, a sprawling mansion with over 160 rooms and countless oddities and architectural quirks.
133. Visit the Japanese Friendship Garden, a peaceful garden featuring traditional Japanese landscaping and architecture.
134. Take a bike ride along the Guadalupe River Trail, a scenic path that runs through the heart of San Jose and offers views of the city skyline.
135. Visit the San Jose Museum of Art, which houses a collection of modern and contemporary art from around the world.
136. Go on a wine-tasting tour of nearby Santa Cruz Mountains wineries, such as Byington Vineyard & Winery or Burrell School Vineyards.
137. Spend a day at Raging Waters San Jose, a water park with slides, pools, and other attractions for all ages.
138. Take a cooking class at Sur La Table, a gourmet kitchen store that offers a variety of classes for home cooks.
139. Visit the Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose, an interactive museum with exhibits and activities for kids of all ages.
140. Explore the Municipal Golf Course, a public course that features 18 holes and scenic views of the surrounding hills.
141. Check out the San Pedro Square Market, a bustling market with food vendors, live music, and a variety of events throughout the year.
142. Visit the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art, a non-profit arts organization that showcases cutting-edge contemporary art from around the world.
143. Take a guided tour of San Jose's historic mansions, such as the Fallon House or the Hayes Mansion.
144. Go shopping at Santana Row, a high-end outdoor shopping mall with luxury retailers, restaurants, and entertainment.
145. Attend the San Jose Jazz Festival, a summer music festival featuring jazz legends and up-and-coming artists from around the world.
146. Visit the Happy Hollow Park & Zoo, a family-friendly zoo with animal exhibits, rides, and interactive activities.
147. Take a pottery class at Higher Fire Clayspace & Gallery, a ceramics studio that offers classes for all skill levels.
148. Explore the Almaden Quicksilver County Park, a park with hiking trails, picnic areas, and historic mining sites.
149. Go on a ghost tour of San Jose, learning about the city's haunted history and visiting spooky locations like the Winchester Mystery House.
150. Attend the San Jose Greek Festival, a celebration of Greek culture featuring food, music, and dance performances.
151. Take a scenic drive through the Santa Cruz Mountains, enjoying views of redwood forests and coastal vistas.
152. Visit the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden, a historic garden featuring over 3,600 varieties of roses.
153. Attend the San Jose Renaissance Faire, a medieval-themed festival with jousting, live entertainment, and artisan vendors.
Cactus Lands site is a valuable resource, but when it comes to matters of pet's health, always consult with a trained veterinary medical professional.
Never rely solely on digital information.
Taking into account your individual situation will help you make the best decisions for the well-being of your companion pet.
Cactus Lands site serves as an informative resource, but should never be used to diagnose or treat a medical condition of either you or your pet.
When it comes to the health of your pet, always consult with a qualified veterinary medical professional for the best advice and care tailored specifically for you and your pet!
Cactus Lands site and the materials and information it contains are not intended to, and do not constitute, medical, veterinarian, or other health advice or diagnosis and should not be used as such.
You should always consult with a qualified physician or veterinary health professional about your specific circumstances.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to me at no cost to you if you decide to purchase. This site is not intended to provide financial advice and is for entertainment only.